Along with developing scientific aptitude, NRSM also promotes the creative talent hidden in the researchers. The Meet plays host to “Creative corner, an event for showcasing participants’ talent in photography, painting, and poetry. Like every year, we hope to encourage the exchange of ideas amongst researchers, industry personnel, and students and contribute to the growth of the scientific community.
Get an Instagram shoutout and contest prize
If you want to participate online in this contest. Follow us and tag @nrsmactrec on Instagram. Mention a caption describing the click's inspiration with hashtag #nrsm2022.
Other guidelines are as follows:
1. The contests are open for online submissions only through the contest page available at https://www.nrsmactrec.com/creative-corner
2. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
3. You may submit as many entries per contest as you wish.
4. You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
5. Photos that have won previous awards at NRSM may be submitted again.
6. All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information.
7. Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s), is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
8. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions, and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
9. Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible in the creative corner space. We reserve the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion.
10. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other content deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted photos must be original, created, and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. We respect photographers’ copyrights, and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image.
3. Upon making the submission, you grant us non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
4. The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
1. We will appoint a judge/judges for the contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and/or external judges.
2. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced on the website as well as at the NRSM 2022 conference.
3. The decision of Better Photography’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
4. Better Photography reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image may be disregarded if this information cannot be provided.